Re: retry and MX

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Neal Becker
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: retry and MX
On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Neal Becker wrote:

> I'm confused about how retry entries which specify a domain act when
> that domain is via an MX.

Yes, I can see that the manual isn't clear at all. Luckily I am editing
it at this very moment and will try to improve it.

> If a.com has an MX -> b.com, then will a retry entry which specifies
> the domain as a.com act correctly? I would guess that such an entry
> would apply to mail that was specifically addressed to a.com. How
> about mail that was directed via an alias file?

An entry for a.com will control retries after failures to route the
domain a.com, e.g. DNS timeouts.

An entry for b.com will control retries after failures to deliver to the
host b.com, independently of how the message got pointed at that host.

Hmm. Should that entry for a.com also apply to all the hosts its MX
points to? (Especially in the absence of an entry for b.com?) I'll have
to think about that, and it would be a fair amount of work to make it
happen.