Re: ouch

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Robert Black
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: ouch
On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Robert Black wrote:

> Hmm, how about... if a site doesn't understand lowercase helo try it in
> uppercase and if that works wrap the mail in a MIME warning message about the
> receiving mailer not being RFC-821 compliant... tempting, very tempting :-)

... and if it doesn't like upper case try "Helo" and "HeLo", etc? :-)
Maybe even "Hello?". Blech.

For the record, I learned of another non-compliance today: some mailer
was sticking dots on the ends of addresses, causing Exim to barf; the
sysadmin concerned is however, not trying to persuade me to fudge up
Exim to handle this, but muttering at the vendor instead.