Re: ouch

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Robert Black
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: ouch
On Oct 14, 1:34pm, Martin Hamilton wrote:
> Subject: Re: ouch
> Philip Hazel writes:
>
> | Why should Exim pander to such incompetence? RFC 821 contains the following
> | paragraph:
>
> As far as those users are concerned, this is a bug in our new mail
> system. After all, it "worked" before, right... ;-)

Hmm, how about... if a site doesn't understand lowercase helo try it in
uppercase and if that works wrap the mail in a MIME warning message about the
receiving mailer not being RFC-821 compliant... tempting, very tempting :-)

Cheers

Rob

PS No I'm not normally this evil, but (a) I have a splitting headache and (b)
this is a lot less anti social than some of the things mailers from a certain
vendor tend to do.