Re: Exim spool structure and fsck

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tim Cutts
A: Chris Thompson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim spool structure and fsck
On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Chris Thompson wrote:

> Of course, exim's scheme of double /input files has a lot going for it
> in other respects. Is this sort of repair job just something one has to
> give up as a consequence? Has anyone had any interesting disk crashes while
> running exim, and what were they able to do?

Yes, but not of this sort. The disk on mole.bio.cam.ac.uk that
carried /var/mail died a couple of weeks back, less than a week after
I installed exim on the machine for the first time (not that I'm
implying a causal relationship, of course! :-) ) Anyway, that of
course was a rather different situation, in that I completely lost all
of /var/mail, rather than exim's spool. I did however find exim's
logs extremely useful in working out what mail might have been lost
and informing the relevant people.

Tim.

Dept. of Biochemistry                                 Tel: +44 1223 333596
Tennis Court Rd.
Cambridge, CB2 1QW, UK