Re: Exim spool structure and fsck

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: nick
A: Chris Thompson
Asunto: Re: Exim spool structure and fsck
>From a machine somewhere near Chris Thompson:
> Of course, exim's scheme of double /input files has a lot going for it
> in other respects. Is this sort of repair job just something one has to
> give up as a consequence? Has anyone had any interesting disk crashes while
> running exim, and what were they able to do?

I've not had any serious disk crashes whilst running exim, BUT it's very
good at fsync()ing any files before committing itself to anything,
meaning all the data *IS* properly written to disk, meaning you PROBABLY
wouldn't need to repair any of exim's spool directory. Just a guess.

Nick Waterman, Network Manager, Cimio Ltd.              nick@???
http://www.cimio.co.uk/~nick/   Team AMIGA!   #include <stddisclaimer.h>
              Your computer is dead, and it was so alive.
                You shouldn't have installed... Win'95.