Using SMRSH

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Max Caines
A: exim-users
Asunto: Using SMRSH
I've been using 'smrsh' as the shell to process commands on "|" lines in
.forward files in Smail, for security reasons. I'd like to do the same or
similar with Exim, but I'm not sure how. The 'restrict_to_path' option
doesn't do quite what I want, in that it doesn't _allow_ slashes in command
names, while smrsh does but ignores all but the last component. Getting
everyone who uses filtering or 'vacation' to change may be difficult. I'm
not sure whether '$local_part' contains the bare command name, as '$user'
does in Smail, or the full "|/dir/prog". Any suggestions on this?

I suppose I'm also suggesting that it would be nice if restrict_to_path
ignored directory names in user-supplied command paths. After all,
'vacation' sets the .forward file up with its full path, and it's simpler if
users don't have to correct this.

|  Max Caines                  |  M.B.Caines@???              |
|  Technical Services Manager  |  JANET: M.B.Caines@???       |
|  Computer Centre             |  Phone: 01902 322245               |
|  Wolverhampton University    |  Fax: 01902 322777                 |