著者: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users, unix-support
新しいトピック: Load average based SMTP control
題目: Exim 0.56 released
Exim 0.56 is now available

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-0.56.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-patch-0.55-0.56.gz

This has been running for nearly 48 hours on our big Sun system, so it
is time for the rest of you to try it. :-) 0.56 is mostly a bug-fix and
tidy-up release. The patch file is quite large (75137 bytes) because I
did a lot of tidying of comments in the sources before I went on
holiday. All changes are listed in ChangeLog. Some of the bugs are
non-trivial, so everyone should plan on upgrading.

If you use the patch file, you MUST run patch with the "-p" option, as
otherwise it gets confused over some of the file names.

There are a couple of new features: timeouts on the pipe transport and
queryprogram router, and an extension to "save" in filter files to allow
specification of the mode. See the NewStuff file.

There are now configuration files for AIX, courtesy of Nick Waterman. It
should now compile without the warnings, Nick. However, Exim can't
currently handle negative uid/gid values, and AIX still uses the old
convention of setting the "nobody" uid to -2. I have this on the list to
fix at some point.

The "exiwhat" utility script has been made much more configurable and
the defaults changed for some operating systems, as what was screwed in
before worked only for Sys V style Unices.

I have extended the logic for dealing with failed sender verification,
since some mailers out there persist in trying to send a message even
after receiving a 5xx error to MAIL FROM. If the same host sends the
same bad sender within 24 hours of having had a 5xx to MAIL FROM, Exim
now accepts the MAIL FROM (with a warning message) but rejects every
subsequent RCPT TO in the message with a 550 code. This seems to be the
only "no" that these mailers understand.

I reworked the way the daemon does its waiting, because it didn't work
under FreeBSD, which doesn't have an interruptable accept() or sleep()
function. Exim now uses select() before accept() and instead of sleep()
(which is used only if there is no -bd option). I believe this should
work on all systems, but to be on the safe side, check that your daemon
is correctly firing up queue runner processes at the right times.

I am now working on 0.57, which will have lots of exciting new
functionality. :-)