Re: Limiting Size of messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nick Waterman
A: exim users mailing list
Temas nuevos: Elm displaying sender
Asunto: Re: Limiting Size of messages
>From a machine somewhere near Philip Hazel:
> > Maybe the Cambridge list expander is quoting exim-users-request in
> > the envelope?
> Indeed it is, and it is supposed to, so that delivery errors go to the
> list maintainer. Looks like its a feature of Elm - Pine displays the
> contents of the From: line rather than the From_ line.

The way our ELM is configured, which I think is reasonably standard...

If the "From:" header has a "real name" in it, Elm displays that. This
message will probably be from "Nick Waterman", for instance.

If there is NO "real name" in the "From:" header, Elm goes back to the
envelope "From ", which in this case is
"exim-users-request@???".

m.hampson@??? has no "real name" in his "From:", just
m.hampson@???.

Nick Waterman, Network Manager, Cimio Ltd.              nick@???
http://www.cimio.co.uk/~nick/   Team AMIGA!   #include <stddisclaimer.h>
              Your computer is dead, and it was so alive.
                You shouldn't have installed... Win'95.