Re: Limiting Size of messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: m.hampson
Cc: D.P. Carter, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Limiting Size of messages
} >get displayed by Elm as from "exim-users-request" rather than, say,
} >"m.hampson@???". There's nothing wrong with the From: according
} >to the RFCs, AFAIK, but something is confusing Elm - maybe it's the
} >leading spaces. Has anyone else complained to you about your messages? ;-)
}
} No. Maybe the Cambridge list expander is quoting exim-users-request in
} the envelope?

Its is, rightly!
Elm, long ago when I last installed it, had a very badly worded
config option that asked whether you trusted the From: headers. If
you answer "no" to that it gives you the enverlope sender rather than
the header sender information.

In today's environment using the info from the From: header is the
only sensible thing to do.

} >And by the way, the message id <E0uyIHv-0000Lx-00@sphinx> is surely not
} >adequately qualified! Ditto the name in the Received header (from the HELO
} >command)
}
} This is a clever ploy. By registering sphinx as a top level domain, I can
} avoid paying £100 to Nominet ;-)

However registering it will either cost you more than 100 quids, or
just result in you disappearing from the DNS universe! You need to
set the system primary name in full :-(
}

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]