Re: sendmail -bi (again)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Robert Black
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: sendmail -bi (again)
On Sep 4, 12:12pm, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Subject: Re: sendmail -bi (again)
> On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Robert Black wrote:
>
> > How about two more configuration options:
>
> I'd prefer just one, bi_command, which if unset caused an error rather
> than being a no-op. The no-op scenario worries me.

Fair enough. You could always set it to /bin/true if you're that way inclined.

> > Of course this still leaves the thorny problem of what uid and gid to use.
> > There are several options here. Suggestions?
>
> It would probably have to be root by default.

It could be the invoking uid (ie set the euid to the uid and likewise with the
group ids). Of course this is probably going to have to vary between OS's so
root might be more portable. On relection this probably means that passing the
args through would be a Bad Thing. They could contain backquotes and all sorts
of nasties.

Cheers

Rob Black