Re: sendmail -bi (again)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Robert Black
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: sendmail -bi (again)
On Sep 4, 11:38am, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Subject: sendmail -bi (again)
> Just been thinking about this one again (see recent thread). I'm not
> really happy about making Exim into a no-op if given the -bi option.
> I've just checked what smail does; it rebuilds the default alias file by
> calling "mkaliases" from its own binary directory. However, Exim doesn't
> have such a thing at the moment. I suppose I could create "mkaliases" to
> contain
>
> #!/bin/sh
> BIN_DIRECTORY/exim_dbmbuild /etc/aliases /etc/aliases
>
> which would work on systems that are using the ndbm interface, but not
> for those that are using the native DB interface.
>
> My feeling at the moment is to do nothing. Views? Suggestions?

How about two more configuration options:

bi_option

Type: boolean
Default: false

If the -bi flag is passed on the command line and this is true then
execute the command given by bi_command. Otherwise generate an error.

bi_command

Type: string
Default: unset

This is a command to be exec'd if exim is invoked with the -bi flag
and bi_option is true. If this option is unset then exim -bi is a
no-op. the command given is executed with the same arguments as exim
was.

Of course this still leaves the thorny problem of what uid and gid to use.
There are several options here. Suggestions?

Cheers

Rob Black