著者: Philip Hazel
To: Nick Waterman
CC: exim users mailing list
題目: Re: once files
On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Nick Waterman wrote:

> % /usr/lib/sendmail -bP transport excimio
> driver = autoreply
> [blahblah]
> log = /disk/_mail/config/excimio.log
> once = /disk/_mail/config/excimio.once
> [blahblah]
>
> Now the "log" file is working here, but the "once" file isn't. I was
> kind of expecting it to work a bit like "vacation' where it makes the
> file for you if it doesn't exist yet. Presumably I need to create an
> empty database first? Or am I barking up completely the wrong tree here?

It should make it. It did when I went on holiday :-) The relevant
system call has O_RDWR|O_CREAT set.

So we have a mystery here. If it had permission to create the log file,
then it shouldn't have encountered a permissions problem for the once
file. Guess you'll have to run a delivery with -d9 so I can see whether
that sheds any light on it.