著者: Kuyper Hoffman
To: Nick Waterman
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: spool dir
> If there's an <id>-D file in the spool/input directory but no associated
> <id>-H, does this mean the file is being recieved at this very moment?

While exim is accepting delivery, this will be the case. To
determine the source of the message (all this info will alter be
revealed in the -H file) run exiwhat....it will list the IP address
from which the messaage is coming from....

However: bear in mind that there can eventually be -D files for
which no -H file exists.... This can occur if Exim is killed or
crashed during receive.

I occasionally detec an imbalance between the number of -H and -D
files and do a manual cleanup

> I've just got exim running the whole of Cimio now, and I'm watching it
> incredibly carefully.

0.55 I hope....

> Oh, whoever's keeping it, add me to "the list". Cimio Ltd, CAD/CAM data
> exchange development company in Egham, Surrey, now using exim to the
> exclusion of all other MTAs. We send and recieve a lot of large UUE and
> MIME-ified files and things and exim's holding out brilliantly.

We deliver >30,000 messages a day on our main MX host. 0.55 is
holding up very well.

> Oh, if there's anything I ought to know about maximum message sizes
> handled by exim, you'd better let me know ASAP. Ta.

At one stage we were receiving many large messages (>10MB) being
delivered to slow connect sites. The senders were resubmitting
these messages multiply as well, so we decided to set the limit to
5MB as we believe that's plenty of space to send as much as a
stiffy's worth (MIME or UUENCODEd). As an experiment I sent a
larger file today and watched the input file. The -D file grew to
about 4MB and then disappeared. apb@??? reckons that must
have been when Exim had received 5MB -- the rest was just sitting in
buffers. At that point Exim unlinks the file and the receiving
process continues accepting the data into nothingness. A "Message
to large" is sent to the client after the SMTP "."

Good luck at Cimio!

Cheers
Kuyper
--
/          Kuyper Hoffman        / Vox:+27 (0) 21.689.6242  O/H GMT+0200   /
\    mailto:Kuyper@iAfrica.Com   \ Cel:+27 (0) 83.444.1024  24hr Cell      \