著者: Philip Hazel
To: Nick Waterman
CC: exim users mailing list
題目: Re: Exim header problem?
On Mon, 2 Sep 1996, Nick Waterman wrote:

> Our old sendmail.cf seemed to imply that "Mailer-Daemon" (and presumably
> associated recapitalisations) is an address that some RFC says MUST
> exist at your site. "Some-Mailer-Daemon" almost certainly doesn't. I
> think the point is that it should point at *A* human who can help with
> these things.

AFAIK, no RFC says that mailer-daemon must exist at your site. I think
"postmaster" is the only mandated address.

The problem with just putting in "mailer-daemon" is that people think it
was the local mailer-daemon that generated the message, when it often
isn't. But maybe I have to do this to be compatible with what everyone
else does.

> Make it configurable, if you like, or mimick the sendmail/smail
> behavious of "Mailer-Daemon", but don't use "Some-Mailer-Daemon",
> please!

It already *is* configurable, as you have found out; all I intend to do
is to change the default configuration to mimic what you have done.