Re: Exim header problem?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nick Waterman
A: exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: Exim header problem?
>From a machine somewhere near Bruce Rodger:
> Hi,
>
> I've been seeing the following problem with Exim (0.54 #2). Look at the
> >From and return-path lines in the following extract from one of our users
> mailboxes. Many MUAs (eg elm) report a "corrupt folder" and exit...
> The problem only occurs on error reports....
>
> >From Fri Aug 30 15:27:50 1996
> .
> .
> Any ideas?

Yup. I hated this too, but couldn't decide whether it countd as a bug or
not, so I just "fixed" it for myself and decided to keep quiet about it
unless anyone else complained. Our ELM didn't complain about a corrupt
mailbox, but it DID think the message was a continuation of the message
beforehand - eurgh!

My solution...

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile;
[etc]
prefix = "From ${if def:return_path {${return_path}}{Mailer-Daemon}} ${tod_bsdinbox}\n"

IE if return_path IS defined, use it, otherwise use "Mailer-Daemon",
which you could obviously change to whatever else you might want your
local errors to come from.

Repeat for all appendfile transports (EG address_file), and probably for
all pipe ones too (EG address_pipe) because these programs often end up
writing to mailboxes anyway.

Nick Waterman, Network Manager, Cimio Ltd.              nick@???
http://www.cimio.co.uk/~nick/   Team AMIGA!   #include <stddisclaimer.h>
              Your computer is dead, and it was so alive.
                You shouldn't have installed... Win'95.