fail_verify

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nick Waterman
A: exim-users
Asunto: fail_verify
I'm in the process of quite seriously configuring exim. One thing I want
is a way of auto-replying to various "pseudo" accounts... People who
have left Cimio but who's accounts have been kept for historical
reasons... Accounts that are for FTP access only... Accounts that are
guest accounts and shouldn't be recieving mail... I've done it like
this...

an alias file...

# example of someone who's left
rob:excimio-rob
# example of an account that's not a real user but a software package:
medusa:package-medusa

then I have appropriate directors:

excimio:
fail_verify,
prefix = excimio-,
driver = smartuser,
transport = excimio;
package:
fail_verify,
prefix = package-,
driver = smartuser,
transport = package;

and appropriate transports:

excimio:
driver = autoreply;
cc = postmaster,
log = /disk/_mail/logs/excimio.log,
subject = Invalid Account ${local_part}@???,
text = "${local_part} no longer works at Cimio.\nPlease contact postmaster@??? if you require more information.",
user = nobody

you get the idea...

Anyway, as you can see, when someone tries to verify "rob" or "medusa",
I was hoping that the fail_verify thing would say "no, they don't
exist"... yet...

% exim -bv rob
rob@??? verified
% exim -bt rob
excimio-rob@???
    <-- rob@???
  local delivery to rob in domain cimio.co.uk

This is wrong, isn't it? running exim with the appropriate debug
options, it looks like it's using the right director and transport:

director = excimio, transport = excimio

... but why did it verify when I quite clearly told it fail_verify? does
fail_verify not work properly, or have I completely misunderstood how
it's supposed to be used or something?

Nick Waterman, Network Manager, Cimio Ltd.              nick@???
http://www.cimio.co.uk/~nick/   Team AMIGA!   #include <stddisclaimer.h>
              Your computer is dead, and it was so alive.
                You shouldn't have installed... Win'95.