Re: Exim 0.54 feature requests

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: D. J. Bernstein
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim 0.54 feature requests
> I hate to ask, but what does sendmail do??

It runs slowly, like exim. It spends a while rewriting the message, then
spends a while thinking about where the message should go, then crawls
down the recipient list.

(Some people use bulk_mailer, which achieves parallelism at the expense
of disk space by sending separate copies of the message.)

In contrast, qmail does every delivery to every recipient immediately,
subject to a concurrency limit imposed by the sysadmin. Rewriting isn't
an issue, since qmail doesn't rewrite messages in transit.

(Btw, I find the which-messages-is-it-handling discussion a bit strange:
surely it's possible to extract this information from syslog?)

---Dan