Re: UUCP Addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: m.hampson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: UUCP Addresses
On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, m.hampson wrote:

> What is current practise with regards to accepting (and converting)
> UUCP style addressing. The whole area has me confused. Should EXIM
> be accepting this message....

Exim is an Internet Mailer (that's what the "im" stands for). It does
not accept bang-path addresses. See "Limitations", section 1.1 of the
manual - I do state it up front!

You can fudge round this to a small extent by using the rewriting
facilities. First you have to allow it to accept unqualified addresses
from some set of hosts, by setting one or more of the
{sender,receiver}_unqualified_{hosts,nets} options. That will cause an
incoming address of the form a!b to be qualified with your domain and
become a!b@???. Then you set up a rewriting rule to turn that
into b@a. This works only for simple cases with a single ! of course,
though I suppose you could put in a few rules to cope with 2, 3, or any
explicit number of ! characters. It also works only when you are sending
stuff on to hosts that accept domain-style addressing.