Exim 0.54

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Cc: Tim Cutts, Richard Stallman
Asunto: Exim 0.54
Exim 0.54 is now available:

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-0.54.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-postscript-0.54.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-texinfo-0.54.tar.gz

There are a number of new features as well as tidies and fixes. The
documentation has been brought fully up-to-date.

**** NOTE ****

There is one incompatible change. I decided that the default setting for
percent_hack_domains (allow all) was wrong for two reasons: (1) having
"undefined" behave diffently from "set to null string" is confusing; (2)
in these days of spam relaying it is probably better to default to
having it turned off. If you want to permit the percent hack on your
local domains, add "percent_hack_domains=*" to your configuration. This
will work with previous versions too, of course.

The major new additions are:

. Support for NIS+ -- many thanks to Ilya Ketris for much discussion
about how to do this. It's been tested by me, but not used in anger.
There is now a general framework for lookups that use a "query" rather
than "key+file". SQL, anyone?

. A limited wildcard facility for local part prefixes and suffixes
provides support for multiple user mailboxes of the form username-foo
or similar.

. Support for those that want to pander to misconfigured mailers that
put out addresses with too many <>s round them, or with a trailing dot
on the domain.

. Support for domain literal addresses.

. Support for refusing to relay messages from certain hosts or nets
other than to specific domains. Or, looked at the other way, to allow
only certain hosts or nets to relay via your host, other than to
specified domains.

As I am going away for 2 weeks plus one day starting August 12, I will
not be putting out releases with new features until well into September
at the earliest, though of course if any bugs turn up I will put out
bug-fix releases asap. The hope is that 0.54 will be stable for a while.