Re: Low priority transport...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Henders
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Low priority transport...
Nigel Metheringham writes:

> Hence what I'd like to be able to do is add a backup or low priority
> transport, which acts pretty much like a very low priority MX host.
> Hence a message would be resolved, and deliveries attempted for the
> various stated MX hosts, and then if it could not be delivered to
> them, it is passed to a smarthost (one of our mailhubs). Even better
> if this could happen in a way so that if it was going to 15 disparate
> addresses none of which are contactable right now, then *one* copy
> gets passed to the smarthost.

I like this idea, but wondered about another approach. If you were to
use the lookuphost driver to match each site, and exim were extended to
allow specifying a seperate queue, both for delivery into and for queue
running, this would do what you want, plus have some additional
benefits. I know this wouldn't be quite as nice as your approach above
for your specific case, as it wouldn't allow for the possibility of
direct delivery if the site were connected at the time, but having
seperate definable queues would be more flexible. Maybe the two could be
combined.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.