Re: Exim 0.50

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jake
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Re: several messages
Asunto: Re: Exim 0.50
Ian Kluft said:

> Smail is going, that's about what it would take for me to switch. There are
> a few things I can't do without that Exim doesn't have. I might consider
> trying to add them if such a decision were made.

> Otherwise, Exim remains just another net.curiosity to me.

It is a bit shortsighted to not use something because of its name.

I personally don't care what Exim is called but as Exim is called Exim
why change it? To attract "customers"?

I don't consider an MTA to be a commodity such as a Web Browser or MUA.
Sense dictates to me that my MTA should be chosen by its capacity to
perform in the environment I wish to use it.

At the moment I am considering switching from sendmail and MMDF to Exim
purely because of its baptism of fire at icdoc (sunsite NE, I suppose I
should call it)

And as far as newsgroups go I think comp.mail.transport.* and
comp.mail.readers.* should be the future.

But, hey, opinions are there to be ignored.

regards,
--
Jake Dias                jake@???               ...!ibmpcug!jake
My PGP Key? - finger jake@??? or email with Subject: get pgp key