Re: Exim 0.50

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian Kluft
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim 0.50
>From: John Henders <jhenders@???>
>I certainly think this would be a good thing for helping get exim out to
>more people quickly. There are many smail devotees who would probably be
>more likely to quickly take a look at exim if it was called smail 4, and
>I would think most smail fans would consider it worthy of the name.

Yeah, such as me. I've just been lurking on the Exim list but I'm still
firmly in the Smail camp. If we all decided that Exim is the direction
Smail is going, that's about what it would take for me to switch. There are
a few things I can't do without that Exim doesn't have. I might consider
trying to add them if such a decision were made.

Otherwise, Exim remains just another net.curiosity to me.

>I wasn't really using unix in the smail 2.5 days, but wasn't smail 3 a
>complete rewrite as well? If so, it's definately in the tradition.

Yup, that was my point.

>It also gives us a newsgroup to discuss exim in without going through
>the hassle of a vote. ;-)

Heh. Yeah, I was the proponent of comp.mail.smail so I can tell you how
much work it was. And I'm not available for help with new newsgroups any
more after doing the votetaking for the news.admin reorg over a year ago.
That one was the last I'll ever do. (Long unpleasant story omitted.)

So, which direction will it be?

Allow me to clarify: Do we split or unite our community?
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL  http://www.kluft.com/~ikluft/   sbay.org coordinator
ikluft@??? (home)  ikluft@??? (work)           San Jose, CA