Re: Exim 0.50

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Henders
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim 0.50
On Thu, 23 May 1996, John Henders wrote:

> One. Eximon still looks in X11R5. Most linux distributions probably have
> X11R6 by now. Is there not a defacto practice to have whatever the
> currently in use version of X11 also be symlinked, ie /usr/X11
> ->/usr/X11R6, or is that just some systems?

What is done in different systems seems to be very variable, alas. I did
put some discussion of X in section 4.5 of the manual in the hope of
making life a bit easier. I'm not sure there's much else I can do.

> Two. The linux Makefile wants to link libndbm. Do some people out there
> really have seperate libndbm or is it a symlink to libgdbm. My legacy
> linux system (one year old debian install) has an aout libnnnnnnndbm,
> but I haven't seen an ELF one.

Pass. I have no personal experience of Linux at all. What I have learned
from distributing Exim is that there seems to be a lot of variation in
this area too, and it has been the greatest cause of problems in setting
up Exim for Linux.

Thanks for the comments.