著者: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
CC: Richard Stallman
題目: Exim 0.43 released
Exim version 0.43 is now available from

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-0.43.tar.gz

There have been a large number of changes since the last release, so I am not
releasing patches. The documentation has been brought fully up-to-date. The
biggest new feature is the addition of a mail filtering mechanism that allows
you to turn .forward files into filtering files - in effect adding (optional)
conditional operation to .forward files. There is a separate new document
(filter.ps & filter.txt) that describes the user interface to this. Piete has
been running this code live for several weeks now.

The ChangeLog file contains all the changes, for those that are interested. I
have started a new ChangeLog as the old one was getting rather large. The
various bugs that people reported, and in some cases fixed, should all now be
mended. Thanks to everyone who helped.

This version of Exim is more or less what I have planned for the first official
release, so if it proves to be stable, I am intending to declare it a Beta
release in a week or two, and make some announcements on Usenet. There is still
quite a substantial Wish List, however, so development will certainly continue,
and suggestions continue to be welcomed.

Exim is now distributed under the GNU General Program Licence.