Re: several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Caroline Blackmun
A: Neal Becker
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Re: RFC1413 ident timeouts
Asunto: Re: several messages
On Wednesday, 24 Apr 1996 at 8:35, Neal Becker wrote:

>     >> I suspect you may have missed a subtle bit which hasn't been explicitly
>     >> mentioned, just eluded to ...

> As I recall, this bug is seen when if the host making the 1413 request
> runs the old software. This is not our case - I know for a fact
> hpux9.05 is free of this bug. I don't think it matters what runs on
> the 1413 target. Am I wrong?

In my experience HP-UX 9.05 is only free of this bug if you have the
PHNE_5010 patch installed. HP-UX 10.01 has the patch properly
incorporated (but a recently installed unpatched HP-UX 9.07 still had
the bug).

On the question of the timeout, we did have some problem with access
from PCs to our mail server (we still run sendmail - I'm just lurking
here looking how exim is developing for now). We solved our problem by
both fixing most of the PCs (the ones giving trouble were running old
software), and by reducing the timeout to 5 seconds. We probably miss
a few ident replies this way, but get them for local machines (which
is what are most interesting to us anyway).

Caroline.