Re: commas

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: James R Grinter
Cc: Neal.Becker, exim-users
Asunto: Re: commas
On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, James R Grinter wrote:

> On Mon 22 Apr, 1996, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> >On Fri, 19 Apr 1996 Neal.Becker@??? wrote:
> >> exim a, b, c
> >>
> >> This doesn't work, of course. But
> >>
> >> Is this common usage? Should exim strip a trailing comma?
> >
> >Seems like a nasty fudge to me. Such fudges always seem to cause trouble
> >later.
>
> this is actually the problem I mentioned to you privately.

No, it's not! He has spaces *as well as* commas; i.e. each address is
given as a separate argument, but with a trailing comma.

> /* If your mailer does not understand commas between addresses, you should
> * define NO_COMMAS. This includes pre-3.0 smail and default MTAs used on
> * xenix, and sys-v systems.
> * This does NOT apply to MMDF or sendmail, in most cases. SunOS 4.1 as
> * shipped needs this, but note that if you are allowing mush to default
> * to SUN_4_1 (see the end of this file) you won't get this.
> */

Hmm. It looks as though at the very least I will avoid lots of hassle if
I permit multiple addresses, separated by commas, in input arguments. I
guess that means trailing commas get accepted too.