Re: exim can hold mainlog files open for a long time .....

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Piete Brooks, exim-users
題目: Re: exim can hold mainlog files open for a long time .....

ph10@??? said:
} I suspect it's not easy to detect the conditions. The problem is that
} ideally you want to close the log file *before* a long remote
} delivery.

You mean you can't code some form of temporal look-ahead :-)

} Perhaps I should just close the log file after each remote delivery
} and be done with it. OK?

If by "each remote delivery" you mean a single message, single
recipient host SMTP session (or equivalent if we get equivalents),
then yes I think this is the best course.

Now how long can a single host delivery take... presumably if you had
a transfer rate of one line per minute or so it would keep going (any
pauses might cause you to hit timeouts), but even this could take a
very long time with worst conditions. However you would be opening
the log again at the end of this?? so problems would not arise (other
than who is the delivery running as and can they access the logs).

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]