Re: exim can hold mainlog files open for a long time .....

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Piete Brooks, exim-users
題目: Re: exim can hold mainlog files open for a long time .....
On Fri, 19 Apr 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Under these conditions yes. You can just about imagine a case where
> the last write to a log file happens > 24 hours after it starts on
> that message, and I currently mv a logfile one day, and then compress
> it the next (ie the good old smail log file script method).

I suspect it's not easy to detect the conditions. The problem is that
ideally you want to close the log file *before* a long remote
delivery.

Perhaps I should just close the log file after each remote delivery and
be done with it. OK?