Re: qmail - my experiences with the competition

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Lee McLoughlin
CC: Steve Davies, jhenders, exim-users
題目: Re: qmail - my experiences with the competition
On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Lee McLoughlin wrote:

> I thought that you could already do this with Exim and and having multiple alias files
> each only valid for a particular domain.

Yes, you can. You can't *quite* do the easy thing of forwarding a subset
of mail for one domain to a looked-up host without some contortion,
because the smtp transport doesn't do a string expansion on its "hosts"
option, but I'm going to fix that...

To forward *all* mail for a given domain to some host one can of course
just use a domainlist router.

I'm going to put a section in the documentation about these facilities.

> While on the subject is is possible to have outgoing email set the domain on a per-user
> basis? So, for example, if I send an email the domain will be set as icparc.co.uk but
> for everyone else it is doc.ic.ac.uk (Other than by explicit rewrite rules) ??

I think you can only do this by an explicit rewrite.