Re: qmail - my experiences with the competition

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Lee McLoughlin
To: Steve Davies
CC: jhenders, exim-users
題目: Re: qmail - my experiences with the competition
Steve Davies wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Philip Hazel wrote:
>
> > Could someone define "virtual domain" for me please? I think I'm missing
> > something (brain cells, maybe :-)

> For example: point vanitydomain.com at an EXIM machine. On that machine
> be able to do alias stuff like:
>
>   info@???:  jim
>   help@???:  jim, bob
>   jim@???:   jim
>   bob@???:   bob
>   *@vanitydomain.com:     jim, bob

I thought that you could already do this with Exim and and having multiple alias files
each only valid for a particular domain.

While on the subject is is possible to have outgoing email set the domain on a per-user
basis? So, for example, if I send an email the domain will be set as icparc.co.uk but
for everyone else it is doc.ic.ac.uk (Other than by explicit rewrite rules) ??

--
Lee McLoughlin.                         Phone: +44 171 594 8388
IC-Parc, Imperial College,              Fax:   +44 171 594 8449