著者: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Filters
> For it to be useful to me personally it would need the facility to
> deliver to directories (folders) using MH type semantics (including
> updating of the unseen sequence - which is where procmail falls
> down). This can be done by forking off rcvstore, but then I haven't
> really gained anything....

This isn't really a function of the filter, it is a function of
appendfile, though an interface from the filter might be needed. I have
noted the requirement. It won't be in the first release, I suspect.

> A means of checking these and reporting problems early is needed -
> the number of people who can make mincemeat of a simple forward file
> is huge, and given more rope they will of course find more elaborate
> methods of hanging themselves!

I am working on the code. The first thing I am writing is a checking
function! You feed it a filter file and a message, and it tells you what
it will do with it, e.g.:

xoanon$ exim -bf ../test/filter
.
Testing Exim filter file ../test/filter
Deliver to: ph10@???
Unseen pipe to: /some/pipe with A >spaces
Unseen save to: /some/file
Mail to: <default>
     cc: myself
subject: test subject
   text: got your mail

(This has no conditionals; conditionals is the next thing to get working
and the result of tests will be indicated in the output.) This runs
*exactly* the same code as the live filter will run, except that it
prints a message instead of doing something.

Philip