著者: Piete Brooks
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
題目: Re: Filters
> Generally this looks good. The ability to nest conditionals I think
> is very important - ie one of my standard rules attempts to split off
> list mail by looking for a small number of constructs such as the
> sender address being of the form owner-*, *-request etc, or their
> being some special header like that used by mailbase (X-List),
> listserv (X-Comment), mailagent (X-Sequence) or smartlist
> (X-Mailing-List).

I suspect you want compound IF statements, rather than nested ....

However, both will be provided.

> For it to be useful to me personally it would need the facility to
> deliver to directories (folders) using MH type semantics (including
> updating of the unseen sequence - which is where procmail falls
> down). This can be done by forking off rcvstore, but then I haven't
> really gained anything....

I don't think it should know about MH folders (would be useful to me too, but
it's not "clean"). What is the big loose about forking rvvstore ?

> A means of checking these and reporting problems early is needed -
> the number of people who can make mincemeat of a simple forward file
> is huge, and given more rope they will of course find more elaborate
> methods of hanging themselves!

Indeed -- that's in.
It will fully parse the whole file before doing anything ....