[exim] Strange messages related to TLS

Author: mhbeyle--- via Exim-users
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Strange messages related to TLS
Hi,

I have several servers configured with exim4 and only on one of them I
have error messages related to TLS.
When I use the adjective "strange", I do it because I have no idea why
sometimes the error occurs and sometimes not (sorry).

The server where the errors appear has exim4 4.96 installed with debian
12 and gnutls 3.7.9. In the rest of the servers (no errors here) is
exim4 4.94.2 with debian 11 and gnutls 3.7.1.

All messages are delivered correctly.

Examples of this behavior are shown below:

- Sending to gmail: H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [142.250.27.26] TLS
error on connection (recv): The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
- Sending to yahoo: no error
- Sending through an external relay:
H=email-smtp.eu-north-1.amazonaws.com [13.48.208.88] TLS error on
connection (recv): A TLS fatal alert has been received: User canceled.

And so on with some others ...

I have read several messages on this mailing list that don't give
importance to these errors, but I don't understand very well why the
error appears with some servers (gmail, relay aws) and not with others
(yahoo and others).
Does it have to do with the new versions of exim4 software, gnutls or
debian? I would like to have some more information, if anyone has it.
Are we sure that there is no problem with these errors?

Thanks for everything

--
Marie H.