[exim] Dynamic local_domains

Author: Jerry Stuckle
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Dynamic local_domains
Hi, all,

I saw a similar post on this server from last June but no solution as
far as i could tell. The only difference is I'm using MySQL instead of
PGSql and Debian instead of Ubuntu (although both use similar
configurations). Exim version is 4.96.

In my local configuration file I have

MAIN_LOCAL_DOMAINS=${lookup MySQL{SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT domain
SEPARATOR ' : ') FROM emailtable}

(one line)

The Debian configuration file has a line

local_domains = MAIN_LOCAL_DOMAINS

There are 5 domains in the emailtable.

Executing

exim4 -bP +local_domains

and it comes back with the lookup statement, not the domains. Database
connection information is defined and correct.

Starting the MySQL General Log and restarting Exim shows no requests to
MySQL.

Is this too early for Exim to connect to the database? Or am I doing
something else wrong?

TIA,
Jerry