Re: [exim] Reminder: ClamAV 0.95 minimum from 2010-04-15

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Reminder: ClamAV 0.95 minimum from 2010-04-15
On Mon, April 12, 2010 23:46, W B Hacker wrot
> We're way off-topic now, but having a valid PTR RR and proper DNS entries
> may be
> the single most important RFC requirement to insist on w/r zapping
> zombies. And
> the RFC in question isn't even smtp-specific.

I think we've had this debate before, but there is no RFC that mandates
that reverse DNS exists.

It's your opinion that it should do so, and I don't especially disagree
with you, but please stop stating that it's an RFC requirement. It simply
isn't and you mislead people when you say so.