Re: [exim] How to check to see if email went through gateway…

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to check to see if email went through gateway first

Frank DeChellis wrote on Fri, 09 Apr 2010 23:52:06 -0400.

> ......... The filter
> works great, but lots of mail is still getting sent directly to our SMTP
> server. I can say, with great certainty, that 100.1% of the email going
> directly to our SMTP is spam.

May I suggest you immediately change the IP address of your mail servers
- primary and secondary ? It is a quick DNS change and a quick
configuration change to your (*nix?) operating system settings. You can
decide whether to retain or change the original MX host names.
Personally I would change the MX host names to reflect the (slightly)
different IP addresses.

Legitimate emails will use the new MX addresses and the spammers will
continue to use the previous stored MX address which becomes absolutely
worthless to the mindless brain-dead morons.

Paul
England, EU.