Re: [exim] Greylist memcached perl implementation

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Greylist memcached perl implementation
Hello,

Mike Cardwell <exim-users@???> (Di 28 Jul 2009 11:39:47 CEST):
> Chris Laif wrote:
>
> > We definitely need native memcached support compiled in exim. It would
> > be very useful to cache all kinds of lookup data (routing and user
> > information ...) as well. Currently exim looses all these information
> > as it is forking new processes for every mail processed.
> > Cache-invalidation might be a serious problem but there exist several
> > ways to solve it.
>
> I wouldn't go so far as, "definitely need," but I'd certainly go so far
> as to say, "very nice to have."
>
> > Talking to memcached via socket or perl are technically clever
> > approaches but i doubt if they are ready for production systems
> > (error-handling, round-robin, ...).
> >
> > But who is going to implement it? :)
>
> These things start as feature requests on bugs.exim.org. Why not submit one?
>
> I suspect it would be a good project for someone who is learning the
> code base. They could take much of the code that exists for socket
> connections with ${readsocket} and build on that. This would be nice:

I'd try it, if you do not expect results now.
But this does not mean that nobody else may do it.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -