[exim] Problems adding a header to a locally-originated mess…

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Problems adding a header to a locally-originated message
Greetings -

I'm trying to add a header to a locally-originated (ie, not arriving
over TCP/IP) message but can't seem to get it to work. The relevant
ACL in my config file is the first one:

   accept  hosts           = :
           add_header      = X-Test: VALUE

But when I create a local message using

     exim pmb1@???
     From: pmb1@???
     To: pmb1@???
     Subject: Testing

     Testing
     Ctrl/D

the header doesn't get added. In desperation I've also tried using
this in the config file:

warn add_header = X-Test2: VALUE2

   accept  hosts           = :
           add_header      = X-Test: VALUE

I've successfully added headers to non-locally-originated (ie,
arriving over TCP/IP) messages such as:

   warn  authenticated = *
         add_header = X-Authenticated-User: $authenticated_id

so I'm baffled as to what I'm doing wrong for the locally-originated
messages. I'm guessing it's totally, blindingly obvious: can anyone
help, please?

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811 FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *