Re: [exim] Smtp-Authentication problems (using courier-authd…

Author: Mitchell Cannon
To: Andreas Kahl, Exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Smtp-Authentication problems (using courier-authdaemondon debian etch)
"/etc/init.d/exim4 restart" should do it - assuming that you're using
split configs /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros is a funky place to put
a split config file in the conf.d substructure.. If you're not using
split configs, then you should insert that line into the head of your
main config file somewhere.

For the record, on my Etch system, I put "MAIN_TLS_ENABLE = yes" (not
true) in the top of
my /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/01_exim4-config_listmacrodefs running the
split configuration. I also copied the auth method I wanted to use
from /etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/30_exim4-config_examples and placed it
into /etc/exim4/conf.d/10_exim4-config_sasld (being that sasl2 with pam
is what I decided to use - extra packages were required for that and I
suggest googling around should you choose to use that kind of auth). If
you're not using split configs then I would say that you're needing to
put MAIN_TLS_ENABLE into the top of your main .conf file somewhere.