Re: [exim] exim + openldap + hubbed domain + virtual domain

Author: Chad Leigh
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim + openldap + hubbed domain + virtual domain

On May 26, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Jason Michaelson wrote:

> thanks for the info pat. i was more concerned with the exim
> configuration. i
> never gave too much thought to the ldap schema with the email
> address to
> forward to. in my configuration i want the mail to fail if the ldap
> query
> fails for users in the virtual domain as i don't want to deal with
> having
> courier set up on the mail hub.; mails to the currently hubbed
> domain should
> always make it through exim and be handled by my existing mail server.

While I don't do exactly this, I do use an ldap lookup for most
things and I did not choose any specific schema -- I made my own
totally from scratch. No need to abuse existing schemas. It has
all the fields I need to handle email including domain wide forwards,
individual email accounts and forwards for any number of domains
(and things like vacation texts, whether account is active, and
whether to do certain spam scanning, etc, per email account).

Just a thought

Chad