Re: [exim] Re: Could not complete sender verify callout

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users @ exim. org
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Could not complete sender verify callout
wiseas wrote:
> I've read the specification from
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_38.html to figure out
> how this functions.
> I thought I understood, but the result is not as expected.
>
> in my exim.conf I added:
> domainlist test_list = mail.xxx.com

ok

> Then in the check_recipient acl, just before the line "require verify
> = sender/callout" I added: condition = ${if !match
> {$sender_address_domain}{+test_list}}

Almost. Split that line just after "require", then add the new one
between the two lines. The "require" verb is taking several conditions.
Unfortunately, as it's a require and assuming there are other verbs
later in this acl, you're going to need to also use an endpass
(as you start to below).

> The mails from mail.xxx.com domain are still rejected. Something is not
> right.
> I also tried something like this: condition = ${if !match
> {$sender_address_domain}{+mail.xxx.com}}

No. Wrong.

> or something like this:
>
> condition = ${if match {$sender_address_domain}{+test_list}}
> endpass
> require verify = sender/callout
>
> This means that the callout is made only if the condition is false.

- Jeremy