Re: [exim] LDAP, posixGroup and mailing lists

Author: Nigel Wade
To: Exim users list
James Davis wrote:
> Nigel Wade wrote:
>
> > After the router which processes the posixGroup has expanded the group
>

>>>alias to multiple recipients, each of those recipients goes through the
>>>routing process. During the first pass the uid router will decline the
>>>recipient, but it should accept each of the expanded recipients when
>>>they are routed.
>

> Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. I understand the mechanics of your idea
> I'm just a little hazy when it comes to the specific details. I have the
> first router done (the posixGroup -> uids one) but it causes results
> like this:

> LDAP search: returning: james, root
> lookup yielded: james, root
> expanded: james, root
> file is not a filter file
> parse_forward_list: james, root
> extract item: james
> extract item: root
> gosa_groups router generated root@???
> errors_to=NULL transport=NULL
> uid=unset gid=unset home=NULL
> gosa_groups router generated james@???
> errors_to=NULL transport=NULL
> uid=unset gid=unset home=NULL
> routed by gosa_groups router
> envelope to: opers@???
> transport: <none>
>
> Considering james@???
>
> (cressida.jolt.co.uk is the localhost)
>
> I don't want the router to generate local addresses, I want it to
> generate something that can be picked up later only by the 'uid' router.
> Does that make sense? At the moment the router is spitting out addresses
> that are local.
>
> I could concievably have uid=foobar in my posixGroup and yet have a
> local user on cressida with the username foobar existing outside of my
> LDAP setup and I'd have an addressing conflict.
>
> James
>
> -- http://www.freecharity.org.uk/ - Free hosting for charities
> http://jamesd.ukgeeks.co.uk/

I don't know that there is any way to prevent an address being qualified in some
way.

What you can do with the redirect router is to specify a redirect_router. This
is a router which will be called next, rather than to re-inject the address back
at the beginning of the router list. You can have a "private" router which is
not called as part of the normal routing process, but only after the gosa_groups
has expanded a group entry. This router can ignore the $domain and just deal
with $local_part, effectively ignoring the fact that the recipient has been
qualified. If it's going to be a "final" router you can use the accept router,
or if further routing is necessary make it a redirect router so it puts the
address back into the routing list.

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555