Re: [exim] Exim

Author: Bill Hacker
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim
Christian Schmidt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Markus Braun, 21.11.2005 (d.m.y):

*SNIP*

>> I have a own debian sarge server with two domains and one IP.
>>
>> I send it over IMAP Courier.
>

> I don't think so. When sending emails, this is usually done using
> smtp.

Courier-IMAP is the exception. It can be optioned to have an IMAP 'Outbox'.

Anything placed into the 'Outbox' can be injected into the MTA w/o leaving
the server or needing an external IP connection.

Very useful if SMTP is blocked, IMAP is open, and Webmail is not your
choice.

Downside is that you need to make 'sent' copies beforehand, do manual
cleanup afterwards, and may not be sure when or if it has gone.

*SNIP*

Bill Hacker