[exim] Re: iconv

Author: Steve Sargent
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: iconv
I have now got to the bottom of this!!!!

The easiest way round it is to edit the Makefile in OS/Makefile-SunOS5
thus:-

7c7
< HAVE_ICONV=yes
---
> HAVE_ICONV=no

Then exim does not try to use it at all.

I have managed to make it compile and run with the HAVE_ICONV=yes
estting left alone by editing the Local/Makefile to have this setting:-

521,523c521,523
< # HAVE_ICONV=yes
< # CFLAGS=-O -I/usr/local/include
< # EXTRALIBS_EXIM=-L/usr/local/lib -liconv
---
> HAVE_ICONV=yes
> CFLAGS=-O -I /usr/local/include -I /usr/include
> EXTRALIBS_EXIM=-R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -liconv

The -R/usr/local/lib part tells it where to find the iconv library at
run time!!!

Just as a matter of interest, what difference does it make to exim to be
with or without the iconv stuff?

--
Steve Sargent, Vox +44 020 7882 3220, Fax +44 020 8980 2001
QMUL Computing Services, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK

                                 PIPER       _|_
                                 ARROW    e/  o  \e