Re: [exim] domain-wide emails (mysql vmail)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Chris Shucksmith
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] domain-wide emails (mysql vmail)
On Tue, 24 May 2005, Chris Shucksmith wrote:

> Firstly thank-you to Philip and everyone else maintaining or
> contributing to exim, I have found configuring and working with exim to
> be a pleasure. Not bad for Cambridge :-)

Compliment grudgingly accepted. :-)

> How do I limit a router so that only applies to messages exim is relaing
> (in relay_from_hosts).
> eg. sender= +relay_from_hosts ?

You don't want to rely on the sender address for *anything*; it can
trivially be forged.

When you say "relaying", do you mean "inward" or "outward" relaying?
Looks like you mean "outward", in which case you can put something like
this on your router:

condition = ${if eq{${mask:$sender_host_address/24}}{192.168.1.0}}

That, of course, applies only to a single network. Unfortunately, there
isn't yet a match_ip_address condition to match more than one network.
You would have to write something messy with "and".