[exim] "mail to" for rewriting a body ?

Author: TN
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] "mail to" for rewriting a body ?
I'm trying to write a filter which will intercept email, and stop
delivery of the original email and replace it with another email going
to the intended recipient.

I have this

# Exim filter

if $header_from: contains "someone@???"
then
mail to $header_to from $header_from subject $header_subject
text "This email was intercepted"
endif

My problem is that this delivers both the original email plus my "mail
to" email, whereas I only want my rewritten email to be sent. I have
tried preceding 'mail' with 'seen', but this kills both the original
email and my reply, since the reply is going to the intended recipient
and exim is discarding this because of the 'seen' command. I have also
tried putting 'seen finish' after the 'mail to' command, but it seems
exim treats the whole rule in its entirety, not piecemeal so both
original & rewrite are being discarded.

Is there a better way to do this ?

thanks
-Trevor.