Re: [exim] domainkeys experiment and c=simple always bad

Author: derti
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [exim] domainkeys experiment and c=simple always bad
Paul Dekkers wrote:

> Ok, that fixes this indeed. (Got the version from cvs and rebuild the
> lib and exim.)
>
> I will _at least_ wait for the real 0.65 release until I test this out
> on our production servers ;-) but at least I know this works.

0.65 should be out very soon, the code in cvs should be the 0.65
release, we are just waiting for Mark's approval. In some cases nofws
would be broken as well in 0.64 (embedded \r in body of message).

>> I can't promise this will fix it, but the exim implementation just
>> passes messages to the reference lib as they appear "on the wire", so
>> I'm pretty sure the problem is in libdomainkeys.
>>
>> Use nofws FTTB :)
>

> Is the h= tag a responsibility of this library as well? I noticed that
> it is not in my signature (but libdomainkey's test-tools have an
> option to include it or not, so maybe it is in the library); sounds
> like this tag makes the thing less fragile, maybe, and is therefore
> worth having?

Adding the h= tag is up to the calling program (in this case exim) so an
option would need to be added to let exim know to add an h= tag. There
is a function in the libdk to get the headers used as well as to ignore
duplicate headers when generating a signature (this avoids some problems
with older implementations).

Timothy Der