Re: [exim] domainkeys experiment and c=simple always bad

Author: Paul Dekkers
To: Tom Kistner
CC: Exim-Users \(E-mail\)
Subject: Re: [exim] domainkeys experiment and c=simple always bad
Hi,

Tom Kistner wrote:

> Paul Dekkers wrote:
>
>> Is c=simple just not going to work for now, or is it something with
>> the (experimental) implementation of domainkeys? ;-)
>
> I can confirm this, it seems to be a problem in libdomainkeys. The
> upcoming 0.65 release has this in the Changelog:
>
> o Fixed simple canon, no longer unfolds headers when in simple canon

Ok, that fixes this indeed. (Got the version from cvs and rebuild the
lib and exim.)

I will _at least_ wait for the real 0.65 release until I test this out
on our production servers ;-) but at least I know this works.

> I can't promise this will fix it, but the exim implementation just
> passes messages to the reference lib as they appear "on the wire", so
> I'm pretty sure the problem is in libdomainkeys.
>
> Use nofws FTTB :)

Is the h= tag a responsibility of this library as well? I noticed that
it is not in my signature (but libdomainkey's test-tools have an option
to include it or not, so maybe it is in the library); sounds like this
tag makes the thing less fragile, maybe, and is therefore worth having?

I guess there is noone really using o=- while not in testing (t=y) mode
as well, is there? :-)

Paul