[exim] domainkeys experiment and c=simple always bad

Author: Paul Dekkers
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: [exim] domainkeys experiment and c=simple always bad
Hi,

I was just experimenting a bit with domainkeys, and I found that when I
use dk_canon = nofwd everything works just as I expect it.
Gmail for instance adds "DomainKey-Status: good (test mode)" and the
autoresponse system from elandsys replies with "domainkeys=pass".

But as soon as I try dk_canon = simple OR if I received mail that was
signed with c=simple instead of c=nofwd the result is:
DomainKey-Status: bad (test mode)
(and not only with gmail, but haven't tried between two exim hosts). I
verified that incoming c=simple messages also have the $dk_status as "bad".

Is c=simple just not going to work for now, or is it something with the
(experimental) implementation of domainkeys? ;-)

Since the elandsys-autoresponse-thingy is using c=simple I assume that
they (with a milter for sendmail) probably had no problems with this.

Paul

P.S. The rest of this experimental configuration is rather simple, no
exiscan, virusscanner; mostly the default configure that was installed
by a freebsd port earlier.