Re: [EXIM] allow_unknown in sender_host_reject not working i…

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] allow_unknown in sender_host_reject not working in v1.92
On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> +allow_unknown applies to that portion of the list that follows it.
> Consequently, it is having no effect in your case. Try putting it first.

That fixed it. Thanks. Also, I went back to the spec to see what I
missed. And it is clear from the spec (both 2.12 and 1.92 and presumably everything in between)

In some situations this may be too harsh, so if an entry in a host
list is the string '+allow_unknown', and a gethostbyaddr() lookup
for any subsequent item in the list fails, the opposite action to
the default happens. That is, for an 'accept' list the host is
deemed to be in the list, and for a 'reject' list it is deemed not
to be in the list.

I somehow missed the word "subsequent"

Thanks.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814